Tuesday 29 October 2013

Blog #3 : Workshop on LAUGHTER


    Wednesday, October 9th I attended my second day of the Internship. Usually everyone arrives on time to yoga class, I didn’t want to disturb the class so I showed up early.  Before we started our class, Sonia put the cup of coffee on the table and said that it is the only time when we can make noise. Even if I knew the word noise, it was like I heard it for the first time. I asked her to explain the word noise. After Sonia explained the word to me, I felt silly, because I had learned the word previously. I realised that I enriched my vocabulary by asking her for the explanation. I had a great time during yoga class.  After yoga, we had a workshop on LAUGHTER with the cheerful Ms. Helen Angelopoulos.  
 
   At first, I assumed that Ms. Helen was a comedian because we were in laughter workshop. But I discovered that she is an instructor that teaches to laugh and enjoy every part of your life. During the session, she showed us different laughing techniques. She convinced us to put our shyness away with the first activity called gibberish.

The activity consisted of talking with everyone with gibberish language and shaking hands. In the next activity, we needed to mimic the laughing of a witch, a ghost, the joker in batman, a cat, etc. We also did the exercise of laughing without thinking about something funny and communicated through are body language. Example: we laughed by dancing with our body and by producing song with our mouth.

 
   At second, I noticed that English people used first name to speak to someone. In contrast, French people added Mister or Ms. before first name. In this two languages, this each way to speaking are consider polite.


  In the end, my host Sonia reminded us to bring newspapers and jars for the next week, because we will do masks with the "papier mâché".  Not everyone understood when she pronounced the word "jar", she explained that it means a bottle.

 

Wordplay:

Before Ms. Helen left us she told us a joke about a rope.

A rope walks into a bar and orders a drink. The bartender looks at him and says "sorry we don’t serve ropes here." So the rope disappointedly leaves, but returns later and again orders a drink. The bartender looks at him and repeats that they do not serve ropes there.

So the rope goes outside, ties himself into a knot and beats himself against the wall.

He then goes back into the bar and orders a drink.

The bartender looks at him and says "aren’t you the rope who came in earlier?", and the rope says “no, I`m a frayed knot" (I am afraid not).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment