Thursday 28 November 2013

Entry #7: Origami Workshop


 
Wednesday November 20, May Ann and I prepared an origami workshop to explain to the seniors "how to make many small stars with magazines". I had to do an internet search to find the origins of the origami and do a little presentation about it. As my research was easy, I thought that I didn't need to practice for my presentation, but I was wrong. When everyone finished eating or drinking their coffee, Sonia left us to enable me and May Ann to fend alone.

At the beginning, it was hard to get the attention of everyone, because we are both shy and we did not daring to start talking first. Finally, I started with my little presentation about the origami.

Hello everyone,

Today we will make many small stars in origami. The origami cames from the East Asia and Europe. In the Japanese language, the word "ori" meaning to fold and "kami" meaning paper…

I did not expect to be as nervous during the presentation. I underestimate my ability, because I know that I need a lot of time to be ready, before an oral presentation. When it came the turn of May Ann to spoke, one lady told me that we can't say the word "cames" in English, so she explained me many rules that I already know. I did this basic error that made me shame, because it was stressful to talk in front of everyone. However by politeness I thanked her.

No comments:

Post a Comment